SUMMARY(Transactional banking to finance both on the sellers & buyers)
Supply chain finance (SCF) is a term describing a set of solutions that aim to lower financing costs and improve business efficiency for buyers and sellers linked in a commercial-sales transaction. SCF methodologies work by tracking invoice approval and settlement processes, from initiation to completion. Under this paradigm, buyers agree to approve their suppliers' invoices for financing by a bank or other outside financier--often referred to as "factors." And by providing short-term credit that optimizes working capital and provides liquidity to both parties, SCF offers distinct advantages to all participants. While suppliers gain quicker access to money they are owed, buyers get more time to pay off their balances. On either side of the equation, the parties can use the cash on hand for other projects to keep their respective operations running smoothy.
In other words, SCF is a form of supplier finance in which suppliers can receive early payment on their invoices. Supply chain finance reduces the risk of supply chain disruption and enables both buyers and suppliers to optimize their working capital.
- Serve as the face of Trade and Supply Chain Finance (SCF) product expert to buyers and suppliers during the sales process and throughout the life of the program.
- Supply chain finance is a set of business and financing processes that lower costs and improve efficiency for the parties involved in a transaction has underlying commercial contract. Supply chain finance usually works best when the buyer has a better credit rating than the seller and can thus access capital at a lower cost. SCF product means, Supplier’s Credit, Buyer’s Credit, Receivable Backed Finance, Account Receivable Finance, Payable Finance, Invoice Discounting, Without Recourse Discounting, Export / Import Finance, sometimes includes 'Factoring’ & ‘Forfaiting’
- Own the vision, lead development of Trade and SFC products, roadmap, technology, and go-to-market strategies.
- Discover, design, develop and deploy SCF products that delight clients and meet the needs of the bank.
- Lead internal and customer facing engagements as the working capital subject matter expert in partnership with Relationship Managers, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Interface with stakeholders, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, IT, and others to manage the development of new products.
- Manage the product development process to ensure the fully commercialized product meets the initial requirements and is delivered with the necessary quality to achieve the business plan.
- Guide the development of relevant sales, marketing, and internal-facing content in partnership with Marketing and SCF Sales.
- Initially, lead sales and client acquisition strategies: cross sell to existing clients, new sales. Partner with SFC Sales Manager once the program is launched.
- Assist SFC Sales Manager with sales efforts, acting as subject matter expert, providing system demos and technical insight as needed.
- Manage and deploy product enhancements, project managing the roll out, including product readiness, training, implementation, and communications.
- Identify trends and opportunities and drive through market knowledge, external research, and internal analytical review.
- Oversee the administration process, including transaction pricing and tracking, exposure management, credit line availability, portfolio management, and client engagement.
- Leverage technology to improve the client experience and day to day management of trade business.
- Lead vendor management: vendor onboarding due diligence, annual vendor review, on-going vendor and system monitoring, upgrades. Point of contact for vendor/system escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of Trade Finance or Supply Chain Finance experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Established knowledge of Trade and Supply Chain Finance Products – such as SCF product means, Supplier’s Credit, Buyer’s Credit, Receivable Backed Finance, Account Receivable Finance, Payable Finance, Invoice Discounting, Without Recourse Discounting, Export / Import Finance, sometimes includes 'Factoring’ & ‘Forfaiting’, and of-course Letters of Credit, Collections, Trade Receivables and Payables
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge and track record of trade finance (all aspects of working capital and supply chain) for corporates and banks manifested through the number of deals completed.
- Knowledge of the key aspects of bank products for trade finance transactions, i.e., profitability, risk mitigation, counterparty needs assessment, etc.
- Understanding of trade financials, industry strategies, trade operations and processing, global trade landscape and competitive offerings.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and effectively identify client challenges and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate strategic concepts and lay out a strategic course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver product growth.
- Detailed understanding of the client needs that drive product usage.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with detail.
- Strong communications skills and relationship development skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and eagerness to learn.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated, passionate, and driven to achieve results.