We’re looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join our team! This role is responsible for providing documentation to manufacturing to produce special refrigeration products. This will require the structuring and routing of bills of material, coil sizing, refrigeration system design, CAD design including sheet metal, piping and wiring schematic development and component selection. Duties will also include supporting manufacturing operators with any drawing interpretation or guidance required, provide any work instructions and support continuous improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Cost.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide design engineering support for daily sales orders, new product development, and customizing existing products to meet special customer requirements.
- Participate in the development of cost-conscious product improvements to include consideration of safe and ergonomically sound designs for manufacture.
- Develop, maintain, and improve techniques for error-free order entry and BOM accuracy.
- Assists sales and Application Engineering with unique product applications and provide technical trouble-shooting support for field problems, as well as RFQ requirements for special product applications and quotations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of product design experience in air conditioning/refrigeration-related manufacturing operations
- Experience with 2D/3D modeling (AutoCAD, Key Creator, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience with ERP/MRP engineering functions
- Excellent communication skills for interface with coworkers as well as internal and external customers
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, electrical schematic skills, and piping techniques
- Understanding of electrical testing and troubleshooting practices as related to electro-mechanical products
HOW TO STAND OUT
Click here to apply online
- Experience in design and support of refrigeration racks
- Knowledge of rack controllers product integration for parallel rack applications
- Experience with Oracle ERP
- Experience with Toyota Production System is a plus