Title: Senior Procurement Representative
Job Code: EB-1074836695
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivate Procurement Representative to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Muskegon, MI.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Responsible for procurement activities which have a high financial impact.
- Analyze technical data in cooperation with technical leads, make buying decisions and make the proper transactions in a responsible manner.
- Supports production operations to ensure prompt delivery to customers. Material, supplies and services procured must be of suitable quality and sufficient quantity, secured at the best price (value) and available to production operations when needed.
- Implement and monitor cost savings initiatives.
- Review applicable customer defined specifications with appropriate technical representatives.
- RFQ/RFP preparation; Evaluate bids from suppliers and recommend procurement sources.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers; issue and maintain purchase order.
- Be responsible for procurement administration and actions in support of Division and customer requirements.
- Work with supplier quality on various commodity teams.
- Responsible for supplier returns and net planning demand in ERP system.
- Interface with multiple internal/external customers.
- Participate in continuous improvement process for procurement.
- Perform other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment with a bachelor's degree or 10 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience analyzing raw material requirements from MRP or similar system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Ability to manage numerous projects/purchase orders.
- Ability to manage suppliers.
- Experience in contractual aspects of procurement.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office, data entry and basic office skills.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.