Senior Process Engineer
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Industrial Engineering and Continuous Improvement Manager, the Lead Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring there is support to the production floor to drive improvements within the plant as they pertain to plant metrics, quality, safety, and overall performance. The Lead Process Engineer will work to identify and drive improvements throughout the plant.
- Work with a cross functional team to optimize cycle times across the plant.
- Help the Process Technician and Process Technician 2's on advanced training and troubleshooting.
- Develop process sheets where there currently are none as well as optimize processes for increased regrind levels.
- Complete analysis on molds and processes to help reduce the customer complaints and develop sustainable corrective actions.
- Make recommendations for corrective actions to the Engineering department personnel and the Technical Director for mold related processing issues.
- Work with a cross functional team to eliminate press shaking and smooth out processes.
- Take an active role in the deviations process, ensuring the plant is able to manufacture quality parts.
- Act as a liaison between Quality Assurance and Manufacturing departments for mold and process related issues.
- Assist in maintaining TS16949/ISO14001 certification by supporting: Corporate policies, procedures, and required documentation.
- Understanding of and the ability to improve the sequence and capabilities on injection molding machines.
- Understanding of the effects of each machine control on the behavior to the process.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify causes of processing problems.
- Ability to conduct DOE's and record the results.
- Able to lead, motivate, and train assigned personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete understanding of FEMA's/PFEMA's.
- Core understanding of tool requirements (APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA)
- Thorough understanding of Scientific Injection Molding Principles.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of mold construction and mold set-up.
- Visual inspection of manufactured parts.
- Wearing PPE is a condition of employment.
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree desired with concentration in plastic technology preferred.
- Advanced experience (6 years) in all aspects of injection molding.
- Working knowledge of thermoplastic processing, resin processing characteristics, mold construction, cavity construction, and gate design.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Strong computer skills with experience using and creating spreadsheets, word documents, and emails.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Valid drivers license and insurance required
- Ability to drive and travel domestically/internationally is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work other shifts/weekends as necessary.
Click here to apply online