Company: A leading world producer of high performance plastics and specialty materials with a portfolio of over 30 brands in over 1500 formulations used in hundreds of applications with locations on five continents. This is a $13B organization with 60 US locations. For 150 years they have driven innovation serving diversified markets from consumer goods to energy. The company has 21 Global Research Centers. This is our Specialty Polymers Group producing innovative high performance polymers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application in Aerospace, Automotive industry.
- High Base Salary
- High Bonus Potential
- 401K with 9% company match
- Full benefits
- Advancement opportunities with 60 US locations
Reporting directly to the Site Process Engineering Manager, Community Information: Augusta, GA
Act as a bridge between R&D and Manufacturing with basic understanding of the chemistry and vision of industrialization.
• Suggest and implement technical improvement or new technology to improve the process /plant competitiveness
• Design and implement capital projects: design process system, develop process flow diagram, develop piping and instrumentation diagram, write equipment and control specifications, perform material and energy balances
• Responsible for the application and adherence of HSE and PSM standards and guidelines. Participate in HAZOPS, LOPA and incident investigation
• Perform process commissioning and support start up activities during capital project execution
• Recommend, design, conduct, and evaluate process testing for the applicable business purposes. Includes working with vendors, external testing agencies and pilot plant facilities.
• Develop written documentation about the production processes, facility and keep them up-to-date
Location: Augusta, GA
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in process design
• Experience in utilizing standard calculation tools including ASPEN, PSV sizing, etc.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
• Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment