endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior Performance Engineer is managing the portfolios of solar PV generating fleets. Key responsibilities will center around maintaining operating indicators at high levels, alerting service managers of trending issues, providing research and analytical support for diagnosing field problems, creating and executing on plant betterment action plans, and developing advanced computational methods. Also, as a core member of the O&M team, the Performance Engineer may be involved in complex contract negotiations as the representative subject matter expert. The Senior Performance Engineer is a high-level position and is expected to mentor junior engineers on solar generation theory was well as data evaluation and diagnostic techniques. Leadership will also be expected to help achieve department goals as well as develop industry leading best practices.
Education, Skills, and Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or physics with 5 years of experience in the solar industry. A graduate degree is preferred.
- Expert understanding of PV performance prediction. This includes resource assessment, sky transposition models, mono/poly/thin film PV module characteristics, inverters, array soiling and shading, DC and AC collection systems, and power grid dynamics.
- Proficiency with PVSyst or other solar simulation programs
- Proficiency with Python or Matlab type programing environments. Python is preferred.
- With little to no oversight, communicating efficiently and accurately with customers while conveying a sense of professionalism, courtesy, and competency
- Superior analytical skills including ability to accurately describe the relationship between physical events and trends in measured data of highly complex systems.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-matrix teams of peers to efficiently complete highly complex projects and goals.
- Ability to share technical expertise with team members and mentor others for success.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects and tasks.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.