Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Payroll Specialist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Senior Payroll Specialist’s main area of responsibility will be maintaining the timely and accurate operation of the employee payroll cycle and related activities. As a key part of the facility Finance department, the successful candidate will also be involved in the monthly and annual accounts reconciliations, some statutory and financial reporting, and others.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare, balance and distribute the weekly payroll (alternating) for 3 employee groups – Hourly (Union), Salaried, and Executive Management group.
- Monitor and reconcile related accrual accounts and banking details.
- Participate in the statutory & financial reporting process, year-end reporting of T-4 information & company annual summary reporting (WCB, EHT, etc.).
- Assist with all internal and external payroll-related Audits and requests.
- Act as primary user of Payroll System; participate in implementation and testing of system updates, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Maintain employee and banking information up to date to ensure accuracy and validity of the banking transfers.
- Process compensation changes in timely and accurate fashion; perform calculations such as retro pay and garnishments as required.
- Coordinate and perform a central role in the implementation, maintenance and operation of the Payroll systems.
- Ensure all aspects of the Payroll System are set up and operating in accordance to the relevant legislation, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and company policies
- Review the impact of these legislations and make system changes as required.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of non-routine or annual payroll functions such as T4 processing and reporting, Payroll surtax annual return, WSIB and WCB annual return and Government reporting.
- Prepare monthly payments relating to Payroll for various employee and company deductions, such as Manitoba Surtax, Royal Trust, Social & Welfare, Union Dues, CAW Education Fund, RHTF Fund, etc... Prepare working papers and quarterly reports for Workers Compensation Assessments.
- Day-to-day reporting of banking activities to support cash management.
- Address employee inquiries regarding company pay, taxation and withholdings.
- Research, analyze, and resolve discrepancies.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Completion of C.P.A. Payroll Administrator Certificate or other recognized payroll programs.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in payroll.
- Experience processing payroll in a manufacturing and/or unionized environment would be an asset.
- Experience processing payroll for companies of minimum 500+ employees would be an asset.
- Experience in statistical analysis, accounting, and/or finance would be an asset.
- Customer Service Focused; Detail Oriented; Priority Setting; Results Driven; Integrity & Trust.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRA rules pertaining to payroll, Employment Standards & Statutory requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment, and manage multiple and/or conflicting priorities.
- Adaptable and open to ongoing change, with demonstrated ability to handle obstacles with diplomacy and tact.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.