Senior Payroll Specialist
Are you an experienced Payroll Specialist with excellent time management skills looking to expand your experience? Then look no further - this contract opportunity is the job for you! This position is perfect for a diligent and committed individual who exhibits strong payroll skills and a vast knowledge of the principles. Our client is searching for a superstar Payroll Specialist to join their exciting team as soon as possible! The candidate must demonstrate the ability to process & manage multiple payrolls in a fast-paced environment.
If you are eager to apply your expertise in payroll and are ready to be held accountable for the day to day operations of a busy and dynamic payroll team, then this could be the role for you!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Coordinate fiscal and calendar year-end processing of payroll, tax forms, and other government documentation
- Updating and reconciling sub-ledgers and general ledger entries
- Remittance of taxes and government reporting
- Collaborate with HR in aligning procedures for new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations
- Oversee the maintenance and updates to the employee data base system;
- Initiate and implement revisions to payroll procedures and processes to ensure best practices
- Ensure all auditing and accounting requirements and requests are managed in a professional and timely manner
- Approve reconciliations and journal entries as required
- Additional duties as required
Your strengths include: The selected candidate will possess a broad understanding of business technologies, standards, applications and solutions. Your experience developing and maintaining business relationships will be essential to your success in this position. Other desirable attributes include:
- 7+ years of full cycle payroll experience
- PCP (Canadian Payroll Certification) required
- Advanced experience in multiple payroll systems
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional oral and written interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization;
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Understanding of provincial and federal privacy laws, as it pertains to collection of personal information
- Self-directed, good judgment and critical thinking
If you are interested in this opportunity, please respond directly to email@example.com. Please view our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca , for additional career opportunities!
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support – Technology