Reporting to the Vice President of Professional Services for a company that specializes in delivering volume parcel and LTL shippers intelligent and innovative distribution solutions and strategies. Whether you ship with FedEx, UPS, USPS or regional carriers, their services are guaranteed to reduce your parcel and LTL shipping costs with no disruption to current operations. The company offers superior audit and consulting services to quickly generate bottom line savings. Their comprehensive solution suite includes: Distribution Spend Analysis, Carrier Contract Negotiation, Modal Optimization, Parcel and LTL Invoice Auditing, Logistics Efficiency Metrics Reporting, and Data Processing & Licensing.
The Senior Parcel Pricing Consultant will be responsible for supporting company clients, prospective clients, internal and external sales, as well as strategic alliances. They will be assigned various tasks and responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following: Distribution Analysis; Pricing Analysis; Network optimization and site location studies; Establish negotiation strategies and tactical pricing options in dealings with UPS, FedEx, DHL, regional parcel carriers, postal consolidators, parcel aggregators, USPS, LTL and other carrier services; Identify weak to strong components of carrier pricing for prospects and clients; Develop sales tools and reports for use as negotiation leverage; Present at industry tradeshows and write articles for various publications as assigned; Maintain RFP templates and customize to each client; Interact directly with clients; Act as Project Manager as assigned to ensure all client deliverables are promptly and expertly handled; other duties and tasks as reasonably assigned by management and agreed to by the Employee. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Experience with FedEx, UPS and/or other parcel carrier pricing (carrier or customer) - 5 years
- Successful track record of implementing complex parcel pricing structures for shippers.
- Ability to work in a customer facing environment.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or another related field
- Location: San Diego, CA (or remote)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of Tableau and Power Bi software package
- Understanding of other modes of transportation such as truckload, less than truckload, or international
- Advanced Degree - MBA
- High ambition and drive
- High detail orientation
- High degree of ownership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work within a team environment both operationally and in support of sales
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Kendra Rocha
Private Fleet & Final Milekrocha@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.163Click here to apply online