Responsible for all SS7 network routing connectivity, including Gateway access and LATA certifications. This SS7 Engineer would have to ensure that all SS7 routing is in place in the STPs and be able to handle emergency restoration of our commercial SS7 corporate network.
- Responsible for Add/Move/Change/Delete of SS7 links for entire footprint. Able to work with Circuit Layout Records to be able to work with Link orders. Be able to understand the process of verifying Diversity for Links.
- Develops and maintain corporate point code standards and associated SS7 network procedures.
- Establish and analyze SS7 routing requests from both a testing and planning perspective.
- Track all existing SS7 network facilities in established databases.
- Provides assistance to regional engineers for all SS7 routing aspects required to perform successful network rehomes, enhancements and network acquisitions.
- Implement AIN changes with orders and processes within the AIN Database platform. Develop/Implement processes and procedures for features.
- Develops an SS7 routing database utilized in tracking all SS7 point code routing and screening scenarios, for all associated companies and business partners.
- Interface with the ILECS and RBOCs to establish LATA certifications.
- Coordinates work teams in order to complete and verify level 1 and 2 network testing.
- Development of 'living' standards for the systems used to monitor and protocol analysis and surveillance system.
- 7 to 9 years of telecommunications switch engineering or AIN network based experience.
- Extensive SS7 network engineering and design experience with Tekelec Eagle, Nortel, and Alcatel-Lucent STPs, Sonus STPs, Tektronix, and JDSU(Agilent) AcceSS7 or similiar platforms.
- Prior UNIX and SQL background a plus.
- Understand how to interpret a Circuit Layout Record (CLR).
- Must possess a high level of SS7 and wireline switched network trouble shooting capabilities along with the necessary analytical skills to properly diagnose deep level SS7 network problems.
- Strong organizational, project management, and network planning skills along with the ability to demonstrate a high proficiency in MS Word, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Access programs and UNIX is required.
- Preferred background and familiarity in SS7 standards and SS7 TCAP based services and SS7 translations.
Minimum Required Education/Preferred Education or Equivalent Experience
Four year technical engineering degree plus 5-7 years telecommunications network engineering experience or 8-10 years of wireline or wireless network SS7 and AIN engineering, and transmission/facilities engineering experience.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Work Status: Please Note that our client is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Therefore interested applicants must be permanent US residents.
NO third party vendors accepted for this role.