endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Sr. Motor Control Engineer
This role will be responsible for e-motor control software design, for both QM and ASIL components. This role will also heavily involve in local customer support.
- Motor control software development based on E-GAS and ISO26262.
- Lead interface between local customer and overseas engineering team.
- Maintain high standards of software quality by following industry best practices.
- Develop software reliability plans, failure mitigation plans, DFMEA, validation procedures for DVT and PVP&R.
- Work with internal and external customer teams, to create and review the technical specifications, define the software architecture, and project plans.
- Support end-to-end system integration, testing validation, debugging production issues, and following through with proper resolution.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in development processes, system design and architectures.
- Define appropriate safety levels for software development.
- Diagnose, troubleshooting and analyze root cause of failures; implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements and objectives.
- Identify issues or obstacles and work on a resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering; master’s degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years’ experience required in development of embedded automotive software applications.
- Strong background on e-motor control. Field oriented control for IPM and induction motor.
- Hands on experience of IPM and induction motor calibration.
- Knowledge in AUTOSAR software architecture.
- Knowledge with ISO26262 and E-GAS system.
- Hands on experience with e-motor control and diagnostic software development and system DFMEA.
- Proven track record leading software development team and working with overseas team.
- Experience for both hand coding and model-based design.
- Experience with Infineon, NXP and TI microprocessors.
- Ability to incorporate software requirements into software architecture efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated experience of software development, testing, hardware integration, and release processes.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage work to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
Travel including occasional overnight travel is required. The employee must be able to safely drive an automobile to and from client sites. 30% international travel required.
- development of embedded automotive software applications: 5 years (Required)
- e-motor control: 5 years (Preferred)
- induction motor calibration: 3 years (Required)
- system DFMEA: 3 years (Required)
- AUTOSTAR software: 3 years (Required)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.