We are recruiting a Senior Mining Engineer to join the Mining and Geology team to provide and maintain short, medium, and long term mine plan for Company limestone mining operations in Central and Eastern Regions of Canada . The position is based in the regional office in Canada and is responsible for mining engineering support at Company operational sites.
Reporting to the Global Mine Engineering Lead, the Mining Engineer will work closely with the regional geologist and quarry operations teams in developing optimised mine plans, updating and implementing reclamation plans, verifying and reconciling production volumes, assisting in annual reserve estimates, and identifying potential efficiency improvements and cost savings in areas pertaining to mining engineering. The position requires frequent travel including the ability to travel and work internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain mine plans for all quarries in the Central and Eastern Regions, as assigned.
- Create and update pit designs using appropriate internal standards.
- Complete applications for and maintain mine permits for the regions.
- Review and approve reclamation plans for the region.
- Perform reconciliation to verify reserves and quarry progression.
- Develop efficiency improvement assessments to track operation effectiveness for aspects pertaining to mining engineering to identify areas for potential cost-savings and/or increased efficiencies.
- Provide management for blast optimization and fines reduction studies.
- Support quarry automation.
- Complete reclamation surety evaluations and coordinate the posting of surety for mine and reclamation permits.
- Identify and manage consultants for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Provide estimates of reclamation costs for calculation of Company’s decommissioning and restoration provision.
- Insure that all mine/reclamation plans and permit requirement information is maintained within the Geologic Service’s database for all Company quarries in the region.
- Annually verify reserve volumes at each Company quarry and submit as required.
- Provide technical assistance and training for quarry supervision including, but not limited to: understanding and following mine plans; survey control; reclamation techniques; and computer applications for mine/reclamation plans.
- Annually review each facility’s safety, production, and reclamation performance.
- Audit royalty calculations and payments at quarries.
- Identify and manage consultants as required for mine planning, reclamation and permitting.
- Travel required up to 40% of time, mostly in the Central and Eastern Canada.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to obtain passport and visa to travel internationally
You have tertiary technical qualifications in Mining Engineering with proven experience in mine planning preferably from an open pit mine with a minimum of 10 years professional experience. You have exceptional communication skills both in English and French, and capable of working autonomously. You also have strong experience in Microsoft office and data management software. Having experience in using mine planning and geological software (Surpac preferable) and strong understanding of computer based mine planning principles and processes would be an advantage.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT firstname.lastname@example.org