Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Mechanical Engineering position at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop design requirements and criteria for aerospace systems and products.
- Develop conceptual designs to meet customer performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- Develop detailed designs, prepare/conduct mathematical and computer analyses to validate designs.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings and documentation, test/qualification plans and procedures, coordinate prototype manufacture and qualification testing, and prepare engineering reports.
- Present product design, analysis and report information to internal and external customers.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering from a recognized university.
- 5-15 years relevant experience (for Intermediate and Senior Positions)
- Eligible for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with APEGM.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment.
- The candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate shall be able to think and solve problems efficiently and independently.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.