endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Minimum Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Required experience: 10+ years’ experience
Responsibilities and Duties
This position encompasses all facets of mechanical engineering – Including machine design, structural design and pneumatic systems. In addition, the Mechanical Engineer will select component materials, specify purchased hardware requirements and collaborate with Controls and Process Engineers to select and implement sensor technologies. The position will oversee; fabrication, installation, start-up and improvement of these systems. The successful candidate should have strong diagnostic skills to interpret process data and solve problems.
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsibilities will include mechanical design for a broad range of areas including prototyping, testing, and commercializing of innovative glass batch preparation systems. Designing equipment and support systems that are modular, re-deployable and simplified.
- Lead assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Preparing scopes of work and managing external vendors by providing them technical guidance in the design, development, fabrication, installation and commissioning.
- Preparing drawing packages for fabrication, assembly, installation - ensuring complete and accurate drawing packages and project documentation.
- Start-up and commission equipment and support systems in the plant environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of fundamental mechanical engineering principles, statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, mechanical vibrations, fluid flow, heat transfer, and manufacturing processes
- Experience in the use and manipulation of 3D design software in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead and collaborate in team environments while maintaining individual duties effectively
- Strong analytical skills to interpret process data and solve problems
- Travel ~ 30%
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.