The Senior Masking Associate is responsible for making sure products are masked to route card instruction and customer specification without direct supervision. The incumbent will load and unload product to and from carts and baskets, and use the correct masking material associated with the process being performed in a correct and timely manner.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prioritizes staff workload as necessary to create an effective and efficient work environment.
- Accountable for staffing, training, coaching, and developing staff within area of responsibility.
- Maintains safe work environment by adhering to / enforcing safe work practices.
- Responsible for supervising masking department, efficient and safe material handling, storage, distribution and transportation of goods.
- Safely operates required equipment; Uses knives and other equipment required in a safe manner, i.e. trim masking while protecting person and parts from injury/damage.
- Uses measuring equipment such as rulers and calipers as required by specific jobs to measure an area requiring masking per customer instructions.
- Assists in loading and unloading parts.
- Records all information required on documentation such as filling out required information on route cards related to time and materials utilized in the masking process.
- Tracks masking supplies and asks Supervisor to order in a timely manner and maintain an accurate list of materials and supplies for ordering purposes.
- Scans jobs completed as per training on the computer.
- Identifies jobs which are not ready to mask (not yet NDT, inspected, etc.)
- Labels carts and baskets when jobs are complete with processing placards and moves the product to the next area of processing.
- Identifies equipment issues as they arise and notifies the area leader and maintenance
- Identifies and applies pre-cut templates as required.
- Deals professionally with auditors, management and other internal personnel.
- Keeps work area clean, orderly and free of hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Person status required due to export control.
- A minimum of 3 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, however other experience will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories; Ability to write legible notes and communicate with coworkers and superiors in English. Spanish would be a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-disciplined manner to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to relate to and work well with people.
- Attention to fine detail and tolerances required.
- Ability to use sharp instruments associated with the job such as razor blades and knives in a safe manner.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.