Our Retail client is a well-known brand in the Oregon-Washington corridor that focuses on rural and agricultural towns and customers providing a wide range of product including apparel, home & outdoor, lawn & garden, pet, livestock and other related categories. They are growing and will be expanding into California soon. This position will be a key Marketing executive responsible for creating and executing brand positioning, strategies and campaigns designed to grow the retail customer awareness and business.
Senior Marketing Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To deliver on the mission of our client company by profitably providing superior customer service.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversee the marketing strategies and tactics to meet business objectives while partnering with merchandising, category marketers, and store operations leaders to develop and execute effective marketing programs that leverage merchandising plans and adapt as needed or regions.
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Merchandising
Supervises: Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer, and Digital Media Specialist
Essential Job Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
- Co-develop and activate brand positioning, brand and design guardrails; and ensure all activities and communications to support brand positioning.
- Deliver monthly business analysis that evaluate performance and profitability to facilitate decision making.
- Direct the creation of holistic marketing campaigns across multiple platforms: printed materials, in-store signage, social media, email, website and PR.
- Manage marketing activity to achieve campaign objectives to meet deadlines to include:
- Media coordination with marketing agencies, radio stations, printers, newspapers and other entities to finalize execution and provide recommendations.
- Development, production and distribution of promotions.
- Detailed communication of promotions for employee awareness and execution; including upkeep of marketing calendars.
- Ensure design campaigns meet brand standards
- Direct and prioritize workload for internal and external resources to achieve campaign objectives.
- Coordinate and execute events, such as grand openings and tradeshows, including pre-event planning, logistics coordination, marketing materials needed, event content and message, and on-site scheduling and participation.
- Lead team to manage donations, sponsorships and public relations to achieve our client's business unit and company-wide community strategies.
- Tracks metrics and completes analysis of results to measure effectiveness of programs.
- Collaborate with business units to develop and implement campaigns that support new and ongoing strategies.
- Manage and develop a highly effective team of direct reports.
Other Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
- Travel and work at Stores and other client facilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self- starter and independent thinker that understands the business fundamentals from an opportunity or challenge perspective and then leverages that insight to develop sustainable strategies.
- Strong analytical thinking, curiosity and bias for action.
- Professional with well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Team player, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Solid understanding of retail, merchandising and consumer trends/behaviors.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects with a variety of internal and external groups.
- Proven leader who can influence and inspire teams
- General affinity for the rural lifestyle
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business. MBA preferred
- 6 + years of marketing/brand experience.
- Retail marketing or merchandising experience is preferred.
- Experience or understanding of agricultural industry a plus.
- Experience in team development and managing a high-performance team.
- Occasional lifting of over 25 pounds.
- Work is conducted primarily in an office environment and occasionally outdoors in store locations.