We are looking for a Senior Maritime Trial Attorney to join our team in Anaheim, California. This role will independently provide legal representation and defense counsel for before courts, arbitration panels and other bodies in California. This position will also mentor and coach employees in their handling of litigated claim matters.
- Handles a workload of defense files representing insureds in property and casualty and maritime matters in California. Responsible for maintenance and completion of caseload and trail work by settlement, trial or appeal.
- Conducts appropriate legal action to protect al clients.
- Reviews and reports all large cases to managing attorney
- Provides strategic and tactical input to management on budgets and office operations
- Complex problem solving and analysis
- Critical thinking
Education and Experience:
- Experience with discovery depositions, mediations and first chair trail experience in California
- JD required
- Current license to practice law in California