Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Senior Manufacturing Engineering Planner – Composite Aerostructures at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contribute to the effective manufacture and testing of proprietary integrated complex composite structures through the creation of shop order routings within Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg’s on-line Bill of Materials and customer quality and schedule requirements.
- Manage and maintain manufacturing planning project budgets, schedule, and reporting.
- Manage tool proving activities though the production areas.
- Work with internal and external contacts on matters concerning product definition, tooling, inspection, and scheduling.
- Organize or participate in value analysis, corrective action, MRB activities, product or method improvements, training activities, task teams, make or buy decisions, equipment acquisition, and project meetings.
- Confidently and professionally represent the Company in the presence of our customers and suppliers.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Engineering degree or post-secondary technical diploma in mechanical or aeronautical technology.
- 10 years of experience in composite material components and assembly manufacture.
- Clear report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in the preparation of data package documents for key project reviews (specifications, technical notes, design description and justifications, test planning and test requirement specifications, compliance matrices, budgets and interface definition and control documentation).
- Highly motivated team worker / leader and possesses good problem solving skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.