Review legacy manufacturing processes and determine method improvements to achieve quality and cost goals. Work with manufacturing and quality engineering staff to implement method improvements. Mentor manufacturing engineers to improve their effectiveness in timeliness of method improvement and management of method change.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Review output of existing manufacturing plans and sequence of operations to improve quality yield, cost and lead time to meet required goals.
• Review NX models, operations sheets, routings, tool sheets, and measurement methods as required to insure process capability.
• Review and recommend design-concepts for fixtures, gauges, and cutters, etc…
• Work directly with manufacturing personnel to eliminate process issues and improve process yield.
• Mentor manufacturing engineers to improve the effectiveness and timeliness of their interaction with manufacturing personnel when dealing with process quality, efficiency or lead time issues.
• Work with manufacturing engineering, operations and production to implement process changes to required schedules.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or equivalent. (10 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.)
• Must have minimum 10 years’ experience with manufacturing processing of precision machined aerospace components
• Working knowledge of Siemens NX
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!