Grasslands Recruitment Specialists is working exclusively with an established, successful, custom fabrication business with strong ties in the agricultural equipment manufacturing sector. Every project, from small custom parts to fully assembled ready-to-ship equipment is approached with a long-term commitment to quality and value – in every detail. Our client brings capacity, convenience, and efficiency to its customers – allowing all stakeholders to focus on stabilizing costs and getting more product to market.
As Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will oversee the development of each new in-house and client product – researching, planning, and implementing the protocols required for completion, overseeing mock-up, testing and production. Your ability to see the big picture, creatively envision projects from start to finish, is crucial. Project management is a skill you have earned managing increasingly complex custom fabrication projects. In this role you will keep track of all costs related to the creation of each new product, managing the risks and producing quality end-products.
Along with your common-sense approach to the development process, you demonstrate a keen ability in your attention to detail. As a hands-on liaison between the engineering team and production team, your leadership and managerial skills will be highlighted. You will mentor a young team of 3-4 engineers/technologists and admin support.
In this key role, reporting directly to the General Manager, your background profile includes:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in an applicable Engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience in a related Engineering/Technologist field
- Experience working closely with management in production, business development, and materials, as well as personnel in production and R&D
- Approving revisions/production drawings/purchase drawings/production sheets produced in-house
- Confident efficiency in MS Work, Excel, Auto CAD, Solidworks, and MS Project
- Ability to oversee and coordinate projects from concept to production
- Able to organize multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and to inspire confidence from supervisors, peers, and subordinates
A document outlining the full Job Description including tasks, duties, and authority will be shared with short-listed candidates. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview would be contacted.
The successful candidate will join an organization that offers:
- Industry competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Matching RRSP
- Bonus program
- Allowances for education, wellness, and safety
- Clear onboarding program to clarify duties, expectations, and internal processes/procedures
- Performance evaluation and wage review policies
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally would like more information on, contact Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be maintained in our database.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996!
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online