Oversees and manages all logistics activities, personnel and related systems information in a manufacturing environment. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the development, implementation and sustainment of a fully integrated Logistics strategy, Finished Goods, Spares, Accessories and other supporting functions, supply chain services; inventory control; or critical parts availability, material handling, import-export preparation of documents and materials, shipment of products from place of origin to point of delivery, third-party warehousing, and shipping/receiving activities. Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories. Exhibits thorough understanding of complex shipping activities in networks for regional, national and international product movement. Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, and Finance, Supply Chain, Planning and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the long term Transport Strategy; optimize service and cost; utilize available tools such as strategic sourcing and technology.
- Development and lead the implementation of a Transportation Management System inclusive of artificial intelligence and predictive analysis models.
- Lead all aspects of the Logistics team to ensure high performing outcomes.
- Lead/supervise all warehouse activities including but not limited to team performance, expediting the receiving and shipment of good, and ensuring efficient and organized storage methodologies.
- Negotiate with transportation service providers for cost-effective rates and sufficient capacity to support Company's business and customer service requirements.
- Primary interface with Finance team in the development of annual budgets, ongoing 'outlooks' and variance reconciliations. 'Own' the numbers; identify and document key opportunities and risks.
- Manage Company's relationships ensuring operating parameters and business rules are aligned with Company's vision and shipments comply with state and federal standards.
- Develop, lead and implement cost savings including: proactive cost analysis; optimization by traffic lane; and transport related projects.
- Manage and maintain transportation routing guide; ensure prompt implementation of new/revised rates
- Work with ERP team to properly design the new ERP system to perform optimally and provide the necessary data for day-to-day and long-term operations
- Manage multiple 3PL warehouses
- Actively monitor inventory levels and determine the best use of warehouse space to reduce damage, remove any negative impact to the customer, and reduce costs associated with product movements
- Interface with sales department and their related teams to resolve customer issues in ways that protect the interest of Company and the customer.
- Serve as subject matter expert in legal matters governing the importation of goods.
- Considerable knowledge of domestic transportation including current industry challenges and strategies to control cost while improving customer service levels.
- Proven track record in the development of high performing teams
- Proven experience in developing and managing external partnerships and outsourced/hybrid models.
- Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills. Ability to assess information, extract/summarize key factors, prepare and present findings to management in a succinct and professional manner.
- Collaborative, team-oriented with an understanding of the inter-dependencies of logistics processes. Willing to consider solutions optimizing overall department/company benefits such as service versus solely a cost focus.
- Someone with a 'making it happen' attitude including; acting with urgency, embracing ambiguity, and daring to try.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, mostly within Georgia
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, or supply chain
- Master's degree in business, logistics, or supply chain preferred
- Ten (10) years or more of experience in supply chain, logistics, warehouse or an industry-related field
- Ten (10) years or more of supervisory experience
- Five (5) years or more of application experience of Lean principles, systems, and tools
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience with warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems required
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations
This job operates in a professional office environment, a manufacturing facility and warehouse locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with colleagues and operate standard office equipment. Candidate must also be able to travel between warehouse locations.