endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Senior Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting is responsible for the external financial reporting functions of the Company and technical accounting. This includes preparation of all required Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings. In addition, this individual is responsible for the technical accounting areas including impairment testing, accounting research and providing technical accounting guidance, as well as administering and accounting for stock based compensation. This individual also oversees Accounts Payable and Treasury departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and review the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, including annual Form 10-K, quarterly earnings release and related Form 8-K and Form 10-K.
- Coordinate with internal teams (general accounting, legal, real estate, Investor Relations) and external auditors to support quarterly and annual SEC filings, and prepares and presents position memos to support TravelCenters’ stance on accounting standards.
- Oversee and review the preparation of financial statement disclosures and Management’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) for quarterly and annual SEC filings including XBRL tagging to ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements.
- Assists in the diligence and accounting for business combinations and asset acquisitions.
- Stays current on recent accounting pronouncements, business and industry trends, and specific issues affecting industry; performs technical research and other special projects as needed.
- Assist in the annual evaluation of goodwill and indefinite lived impairment and the quarterly impairment evaluation of long-lived assets.
- Oversees the preparation of various government reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable department responsible for entering invoices for non-fuel goods and services into SAP and initiating payments to vendors.
- Oversee the Treasury department responsible for the proper distribution and collection of cash to and from the company on a daily basis and that all bank accounts are working properly, funds being used efficiently and cash is deposited and concentrated timely.
- Oversee the administration of company common stock, including the accounting for stock based compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters a plus
- CPA or CMA required
- Minimum of 5-7 years accounting experience, including Public Accounting experience
- Experience in publicly traded SEC filings and reporting requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with Workiva, a plus
- Experience with integrated financial information systems, SAP and Oracle HFM / FCCS
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management, analytical, communication, management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
In this role, the employee is continuously sitting and typing, frequently talking and using eye and hand coordination and may also be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Standing, walking, bending over, and repetitive use of legs are done occasionally. All performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.