SENIOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR (M&R) EQUIPMENT MANAGER – CHIQUITA BRANDS
Supervisor: Global M&R Equipment Manager
Responsible of equipment fleet management to assure equipment availability for Tropics and US operations. Lead technical criteria for best M&R practices.
- To support or define Chiquita equipment M&R shop organization either in the tropics either in house or outsourced. Define M&R equipment plans for each equipment unit (Genset / Chassis /
- Containers / Tanks / power packs, etc ) defining labor force structure per each single location , yearly budget , KPI and commit in cost structure and cost control.
- To implement constant training to all M&R labor force in each single workshop with defined process, constantly monitor the KPIs and define solutions and corrections to actual SOP.
- To track the company equipment inventories with his team in the different tropical locations and associated M&R costs per each type of contract in strict contact and coordination with Equipment
- procurement and operations. Both departments will have separate budget but will work strictly coordinated to be able to produce reports for Senior management with combined cost analysis.
- To ensure spare parts are readily available at all times for supply to the vessels and workshops; to update the IT systems weekly and in coordination with his direct reports the spare parts orders and deliveries in the tropical M&R locations. Track & check the spare parts inventory weekly in each yard location either in company workshops or delivered to outside vendors.
- To support Equipment procurement team and accounting with requested defined reports and KPI reports.
- To prepare the annual budget for Tropical M&R operations and control costs.
- To support Equipment procurement team and accounting with requested defined specifications for any equipment procurement.
- Grant the IT system duly populated in each M&R workshop and / or by outside defined vendors
- To prepare any required reports for superiors, defined weekly KPI per activity, reporting equipment issues from shipping operations and keep them advised of problems and any future / ideas.
- To coordinate monitor the daily shipping reports from the vessels regarding equipment failure and advise the vessel on any corrective action required. This includes issuing instructions to the vessels and / or cnt trucking department.
- To report incidents from the inland trucking and yards and advise on any corrective action required. He will instruct trucking operations what to be recovered from vendors when amount of damage of incident defined.
- To arrange and supervise the installation and commissioning of spare parts units onboard chartered and owned vessels, in each workshop and or coordinate eventual contingency repairs and related cost trucking in loading and discharging ports.
- To provide technical feedback and training to the vessels with regard to all aspects of CA and the associated equipment.
- To ensure all regulations are followed regarding on road equipment installations, certificates etc.
- To maintain, revise and issue the company´s M&R manual and issue any Bulletins that are required for Safety aspects, maintenance, changes in procedures etc.
- Establish and monitor routine reporting systems from vessels, ports, yards etc as required so that an overall picture of the situation is available at all times. Suggest and propose and agree IT solution to improve control and equipment fleet control implementation.
- To check the cnts reefer set up and ensure quality follow SOP at cnt loading (farm / port/ Yard) as well as discharging point; to analyze any consequently cnt failure activity and define solutions
- In general terms his area of responsibility will be well defined and independent from port /yard /transport operation and quality in the tropical company activity. He will have the lead to define process, hearing supply chain and quality needs but working under defined procedures. Any exceptions to SOP defined should be only contingency or exceptionally executed under his direct input.
- Degree in Mechanical, Refrigeration, Industrial Engineering or related functional area.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in intermodal industry.
- Advance in Excel (Pivot tables, macros, etc).
- Fully Bilingual English/Spanish (Written & Verbal).
- Driver´s License.
- Ability to travel.
Click here to apply online
- Leadership, execution, communication, innovation and development.
- Analytic ability.
- Strong executive disposition.
- Attention to details.
- Communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team work.
- Good relationships.
- Planning and organizational skills