In this role, you will manage the logistics of delivering $800 million worth of brand name tires from Asia to North America. With 1,000 to 1,500 intermodal containers per month being distributed through Toronto, Memphis and Los Angeles. You will oversee ocean, rail, truck and last mile delivery of millions of tires from our manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam to our vast network of dealers and distributors across North America. We do not sell/distribute directly to the public. Our systems are strong but there is always room for improvement as we continuously increase our volumes. We want your hands-on experience plus your ideas for future best practices. Bonus!!! - Tires are not perishables and they don't get damaged in transit.
You will work on projects that appeal to you and move the business forward. You will lead the growth and development of our Canadian based, North American team, based in Woodbridge Ontario. We have an amazing foundation, history and a rapidly growing business, you will help take our team to the next level. From unrealized potential to systemic challenges, you’ll evolve logistics processes and practices and "keep us moving forward".
The Senior Logistics Manager oversees the company’s transportation needs for inbound shipping. You will ensure relationships with ground and ocean carriers are well maintained, and service levels are consistent. This role is responsible for acting as a liaison between supply chain (Asia and North America), warehouse operations (shipping/receiving), sales and finance. In this role you will be overseeing a team of 10 import specialists.
- Manage the daily logistics activities of transportation, import/export, customs compliance, shipping and receiving in a manner that provides an uninterrupted flow of inventory to all internal and external customers
- Ensure all required domestic or international paperwork is accurately completed, filed and communicated to all necessary parties
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with carriers, 3PL providers, brokers, customs, regulatory and government agencies, working collaboratively to ensure issue-free border crossings, on-time arrival, and cost-effective operations
- Review invoices from vendors and custom brokers relating to imports / exports for accuracy, make sure entries are made properly, and report discrepancies to correspondent broker office as needed
- Manage and assist with the helpdesk response system
- Manage overage and shortage files, corresponding with finance and factories for all business unit’s (BU's)
- Review and clear inventory in direct locations in Navision monthly
- Work with I.T on any updates needed for logistics functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Review the customs duty codes on a yearly basis (for all BUs)
- Audit customs entries to ensure compliance
- Review unliquidated entries for all BU's on a quarterly basis
- Track bond renewals and bond amounts in conjunction with Finance to ensure enough coverage for business
- Duty drawbacks annual process lead
- Engage with customs broker to ensure compliance on regulatory framework changes
- Lead monthly and annual review meeting of Customs Broker; Lead RFQ if needed
Data Analytics and Process Improvement:
- Utilize quantitative skills to analyze, validate, manipulate, and manage large amounts of data specific to problem solving and trend analysis reporting
- Define a usable set of supply chain, inventory, and cost improvement key performance indicator's (KPI's) that are complementary for each team and aligned to objectives; Develop the KPIs to ensure they reflect current performance, are used to identify issues and tracking to objectives and that help prioritize improvements. Provide reporting on a monthly basis
- Identify potential cost savings opportunities based on process, past acquisition costs and implement process changes to realize savings; identify other potential cost savings opportunities based on past consumption and spend for potential cost reductions
- Analyze, recommend, and implement plans to improve process flows, optimize the utilization of staff and resources, and reduce supply chain operating costs
- Plan staffing levels required to meet all order fulfilment, inventory, and shipping deadlines
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and KPI/goal accomplishment
- Responsible for overall selection, hiring, discipline and termination of department personnel
- Ensure all documentation and processes are handled accurately and according to both internal quality system procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Track and resolve problems involving damaged or poor-quality goods, incorrect orders, and missing goods and the quick reporting of such issues to QA, Finance, Production and Purchasing Departments accordingly
- In this role you will be required to work after hours, as needed, to accommodate meetings with colleagues from head office and vendors who are in different time zones to manage business needs. China is 12 hours ahead of Toronto
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Management, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in Logistics and Customs Compliance
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management, transportation and import/export
- Experienced with customs brokerages and international transportation/logistics experience with an excellent understanding of import/export regulations
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, inventory control, and transportation management
- Knowledge of Canadian, U.S. and Global Regulations in relation to imports from Asia
- Demonstrated business knowledge and experience meeting project objectives
- Experience in managing third-party logistics providers
- High proficiency with Excel required
- ERP experience is required (SAP and Microsoft Navision is preferred)
- Experience with Power BI or similar reporting tool an asset
ABOUT SAILUN TIRE - www.nafor.com/sailun
When it comes to tires, the Sailun brand has continued to push the envelope of true value and affordable real-world performance for today’s drivers. We engineer, design, manufacture and support a full lineup of impressive winter, all-season, off-road and ultra high-performance tires in a wide range of popular sizes for countless cars, crossovers, pickup trucks and SUVs, plus a wide range of commercial vehicle applications. Here at Sailun Tire, we believe in offering premium quality products, backed by industry leading tread life warranties to deliver the best value and performance. The goal is to continue making great tires that exceed expectations in quality at a surprisingly affordable price, representing a smart choice for consumers and an easy sell for retailers. The amazing growth of Sailun Tire has come in large part to an in-depth understanding the demands of consumers, our vertically integrated company structure and our strong commitment to adhere to our three core values of Quality, Trust and Support.
- $2B in global annual sales
- Over 50 Million tires sold annually
- Global supplier of tires to over 135 countries
- Friendly, cordial, fun team atmosphere
- North American based Engineering Team
- Over $800M in North American sales
- #2 Tire manufacturer in China
- North American Head office located in Brampton, Ontario
- Passenger tires,
- SUV and Light Truck tires
- Truck and Bus tires
- Construction Equipment tires
- Aircraft tires
||$100,000 to $125,000 CAD - We are happy to pay well for specific expertise - Call me to discuss. That being said, this role is not all about the money, it is about the freedom to work in a great environment doing what you enjoy. If you are happy and the clients are happy (then we are happy) and money will take care of itself.
||Toronto (Woodbridge) (Hybrid)
||Vice President, Supply Chain
||Position is available due to pending retirement. We plan to have overlap in the role for a short time to help with onboarding and training.
||Approx. 40 hours per week. Flexible schedule. Some off-hour calls.
||5-10% National and International travel will be required.
||Jeff Richmond firstname.lastname@example.org 416-238-6400
|BOOK A CALL:
||Please go to: www.nafor.com/sailun, or use the links below.
Click here to apply online