Senior Lead Engineer will be engaged in all aspects of microservices development life cycle from requirement review, design, coding, testing and deployment in a Kubernetes/docker platform leverage java and Springboot. In addition to these development skills, we are looking for someone who has much experience in working with noSQL databases that can step in and perform the role of a DBA in a DevOps shop. Lead others in the application of principles, theories and concepts and use of methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects.
• Function in an Agile Scrum team environment to be able to design, develop, code, test, debug and support in production new software or significant enhancements to existing software
• Champion of the methodology by demonstrating ownership of all aspects of the development life-cycle and inspiring ownership and accountability in others
• Consistently shown the ability to coach and mentor others in the production of all artifacts
• Able to influence the work of others in order to drive medium & large projects to successful completion through effective collaboration, customer interaction, and IT coordination
• Promotes innovation and creates value by aligning innovation with business strategy and priorities
• Able to effectively estimate the time it will take for themselves and others to perform tasks and are able to influence the team's work to be completed within those time frames
• Ability to mentor others in the business processes implemented in the team's applications in order to provide resolution to support problems
• Effectively categorize support problems and respond with the appropriate level of urgency
• Coordinate and lead efforts on automation and continuous delivery (TDD)
• Coordinate and partner with business teams and other IT teams inside and outside of the organization to identify and manage dependencies and deliverables, meeting client expectations and representing IT to our customers.
• Persuading others and gain support without direct authority over the individuals or group
• Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops contingency plans
• Typically 8+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience and 6+ years with a Master's Degree.
• Experience with Agile software development life-cycles
• Strong people skills--Effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Training or experience which demonstrates familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
• Self-starter, can-do attitude a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment.
• Strong problem solving skills, time management and oral and written communication skills
• Very good working knowledge of cloud-based Restful web services with Java and Spring Boot
• Deep working knowledge of API interactions to database technologies including MongoDB or Datastax(Cassandra), Oracle, mySQL.
• Data structuring tools like XSD, XML, JSON
• Experience with Splunk, Swagger API, Postman, Spring Boot
• Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
• Automation tools including Maven / Jenkins / GoCD
• Deep working knowledge and use of Kubernetes, Docker and SonarQube
• Enterprise Messaging with Kafka
• Workflow processing using Camunda
• Certified in Kubernetes/Docker, Mongo or Datastax/Cassandra