Provide 2nd. line J85-CAN-40 engine maintenance & Test Cell support to Canadian Forces, 431 Squadron, CFB Moose Jaw, Sask. Perform the requirements of the site lead position.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Carry out assigned J85-Can-40 engine inspections, periodic inspections, OSIs, engine build-up/tear down, special inspections, modifications & IAW applicable maintenance pubs.
• Carry out inspection & build-up/tear down of J85-CAN-40 jet pipes assy., IAW applicable maintenance applications (Pubs)
• Carry out build up & posttest cell build up of engines. Test cell engine runs, functional testing, adjustments & snag rectification IAW applicable maintenance publications
• Complete all maintenance forms accurately and complete
• Provide “on-the-job” training to 431 Squadron personnel
• Participate in “mobile repair parties” (MRPs) as required
• Act as a point of contact for both the 431 Squadron SAMEO (Squadron Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Officer)_ & CT114 WSM (Weapon System Manager)
• Prepare technical documents (UCR’s, messages, incident reports, draft MOD & Si, etc.) for submission through 431 Squadron AMCRO
• Provide weekly, engine status updates to 431 Squadron Log Control
• Perform routine housekeeping duties
• Liaise with 431 Squadron AMCRO & LCMM
• Assist in annual test cell calibrations
• Travel 1-2 times per calendar year
• Perform the duties of Magellan team lead/site supervisor
• College diploma – Aircraft Maintenance or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 yrs. experience aircraft maintenance J85-CAN-40 jet engine
• Working knowledge of DND protocol on military bases in Canada
• Must be able to gain high level, security clearance in order to work on DND bases
• Knowledge of engine test cell procedures and inspection procedures
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!