Job Title: Senior Property Accountant with Partnership Experience
Location: Ponte Vedra, Florida
Company Overview: Our client is a full-service real estate development and investment firm specializing in industrial and logistics real estate.
The Senior Investment Accountant will report to the Controller and be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow. Additionally, this role will assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports for owners, partners, and lenders.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Execute monthly accounting processes for the investment sections on Company financial statement, including entering journal entries and creating supporting schedules.
2. Review and prepare all investment sections on company’s financial statements for accuracy.
3. Track all projects from pursuit until capitalization while utilizing construction software to tie out to actual pre-development costs.
4. Maintain a schedule of earnest money deposits by project and ensure deposits and reimbursements are accurately recorded on the general ledger.
5. Participate in all calls and meetings related to property closings and capital calls with other departments.
6. Work with the Controller to prepare all relevant information for monthly and quarterly distributions to investors.
7. Assist the Corporate Accountant with capital contributions, ensuring that a detailed schedule is maintained.
8. Initiate all capital call wire transfers and assist the Corporate Accountant with tracking and journal entries.
9. Maintain and audit all Owner Ledgers in Yardi and review them monthly for accuracy.
10. Work with the Controller to book all acquisitions and dispositions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited institution, and/or 3+ years of experience in institutional-level real estate management and investment; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience working with JV partnership ownership structures including waterfall investor returns.
- Entrepreneurial, confident, relationship-oriented, enthusiastic personality.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
- Strong working skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Yardi.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Microsoft Office, Yardi Voyager.
2. Basic commercial real estate concepts, including those related to commercial leasing.
3. JV partnership ownership structures, waterfall investor returns.
4. Market fundamental statistics such as rents, vacancy, and absorption.
5. Excel modeling.
1. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority, professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
3. Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork, and collaboration.
4. Detail-oriented approach; logical and methodical approach to problem-solving.
5. Exceptional written and verbal communication.
6. Trustworthy and confidential.Click here to apply online