As a member of the Internal Control Department, the Internal Control Specialist will be responsible for SOX key control testing to ensure that controls are properly designed and operating effectively to reasonably prevent or detect fraud and financial/operational errors. This person will employ effective project management skills in guiding their work with process and control owners to document business processes, perform control testing and assist with the remediation of control gaps.
- Assist in the development of the annual internal control work plan, and be an advocate of internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills by executing project plans and acting resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified timelines and quality parameters.
- Perform business process walkthroughs, update process documentation and perform SOX compliance testing.
- Analyze and document control-related gaps, including root cause analysis, level of significance assessment, and managing remediation plans to ensure effective and timely completion.
- Liaison between internal and external audit to facilitate the gathering of requested documentation to ensure the timely completion of requests.
- Prepare presentations reflecting the results of the work performed and assist management with periodic reporting to the Head of Accounting & Controlling and Senior Executive Management.
- Monitor and maintain a general knowledge of related regulatory and/or compliance issues.
- Assist in identifying and implementing control process improvement and automation initiatives throughout the organization.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or the equivalent is required.
- Have a working knowledge of SOX compliance and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to identify appropriate techniques for testing the design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Previous public accounting firm experience preferred.
- 3+ years accounting or auditing experience, including the performance of financial and operational audits.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification a plus.
- Literacy and proficient skills in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Visio).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments within specified deadlines.
- Have proven problem solving abilities and strong analytical skills.
- Highly committed, motivated and team-oriented personality.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-starter with demonstrated project planning, management and execution capability.