Senior Internal Auditor - Charlotte, NC
We are assisting our client in their search for a Senior Internal Auditor in Charlotte, NC. In this role you will conduct financial, operational, compliance and special audits on the Company businesses to identify risks and controls.
- Conduct audits either individually or as a part of a small team, with responsibility over the planning, audit execution and delivery of the final audit report. For each assignment, understand the various risks, processes, controls, IT systems, business performance metrics, operational challenges, and business initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate electronic work papers (using data analytics) and evidence to support findings and recommendations.
- Communicate findings and recommendations concisely and clearly to all levels of management both verbally and in writing. Work with local management to develop sound and practical solutions to weaknesses and monitor closely the implementation of agreed action plans.
- Deliver high quality audit reports with concise, practical recommendations which considers the context in which the business operates.
- Continuously interact and develop strong relationships with management teams to promote open and timely communication
- Improve the existing internal audit methodology and audit programs to ensure that they adequately address all the key business risks.
- Support other activities including presentations, cost improvement initiatives, strategic analysis, due diligence reviews, etc.
- Domestic travel to business units, up to 40%.
Click here to apply online
- Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- 3+ years’ work experience in a finance or internal audit department of a global organization and/or in a CPA firm.
- CPA / CIA certification or CPA / CIA candidate, a plus.
- Advanced/proficient Microsoft Office and PC Skills with an emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Data analytics software knowledge (i.e. ACL, IDEA) a plus.
- SAP knowledge a plus