Primary Responsibility:Responsible for execution of assigned internal audit projects.Essential Functions:
- Review, evaluate, and test internal controls and performance metrics of corporate functions and company operations, with an emphasis on accounting and finance processes.
- Responsible for all stages of financial and operational audit support – planning, fieldwork, and “wrap-up.”
- Perform testing related to the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program including completing and documenting process walk-through, testing controls, and assisting in remediation efforts.
- Assist completing operational audits of the Company’s warehousing locations.
- Participating as a controls consultant on process improvement/re-engineering teams.
- Appraising business processes and providing value-added recommendations to management.
- Assist in the development of solutions to identified business needs meaningful communications to business owners.
- Provide meaningful communications to business owners and audit management.
- Travel for business up to 20% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned
Click here to apply online
Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required such as Business or Management.
- 4 years’ general business work experience, with a minimum of 3 years audit experience (internal or external). Ideal candidates will have 1-year experience in Corporate environment.
- CIA or CPA desired.
- Prior experience in public accounting a strong preference.
- Functional understanding of accounting and finance processes. Supply Chain processes, 3rd party logistics, or experience auditing controls in warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing operations is a plus.
- Knowledge of process engineering methodologies and operational best practices (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean) a plus.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of time
- Ability to work in a team environment and focus on a partnership approach.
- Ability to interface with all levels in the organization.