The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for planning, performing, reporting and following-up on designated corporate audits, special project reviews, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing in accordance with the annual audit plan. This position will report to the Director/Manager of Internal Audit and assist in the execution of the annual audit plan.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 Internal Control Assessments. This includes process documentation, identification and testing of key controls over financial reporting, determination and remediation of weaknesses, external auditor coordination, and all appropriate communication.
- Educate and coach process owners on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and internal controls.
- Assist process owners in maintaining up-to-date documentation of business processes and internal controls
- Perform special projects as directed by Internal Audit Management. Such projects could include: compliance reviews, analysis of accounting records, analysis of business processes, examination of supplementary information, interviews with associates and management, preparation of special reports, and assistance with investigations.
- Executing audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan which includes planning the audit with company’s risk-based methodology, develop testing programs, performing audit test work, supervising other team members when necessary, develop recommendations for improvements for control weaknesses and the preparation of internal audit reports.
- Assist the independent registered public accountants in conducting designated financial statement audit work.
- Act as the lead auditor in the performance of designated audits and related assignments as determined by the Director/Manager of Internal Audit or the VP of Internal Audit.
- Participate in physical inventory observations at selected Company locations, as applicable.
- Preparing audit programs, work papers, audit reports, etc.
- Communicate audit findings and opportunities for improvement to management.
- Assist the independent registered public accountants, as applicable.
- Perform special projects of varying complexity and business focus as directed by Internal Audit Department Management.
- Update and monitor Internal Audit Department historical files with audit results, as necessary.
- Act as a department liaison to various business functions and committees as determined by Internal Audit Department Management.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Internal Audit Department Management.
Click here to apply online
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA plus.
- A minimum of three years of progressive internal audit and/or public accounting experience is required preferably with a Fortune 500 Company or Big Four. SAP product suite, experience with manual control environments, and corporate/plant auditing experience are desirable.
- A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is required.