Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Full Time- Permanent Contract.
- 39 hours per week.
- Based within the North West with remote working avaliable, will be required to travel to any of our manufacturing sites as requested
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our MALUK IT team. Our successful candidate will be working within the Infrastructure team, this role is key to ensuring the continuity of the IT systems across the business and delivering a number of strategic IT projects.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Implementation, maintenance, optimisation and support of the organisation’s following hardware and software core elements:
- Servers – physical and virtual
- Storage technology
- Networking equipment – wired and wireless
- LAN and WAN – including MPLS
- Server and client operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Endpoint Protection
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site problems
- Providing 3rd level support and mentoring the less experienced members of the team
- Experience of and a strong understanding of IT security / cybersecurity, and ensuring all systems are regularly patched
- Ensuring documentation of IT systems is kept up to date when changes occur.
- Alignment with third-party vendors and their applicable software and hardware.
- Occasional travel may be required within the UK and to the Poland and India divisions.
- Alignment with IT Policy and Corporate shared IT services.
- Relevant higher education or degree is desirable.
- Recognised technical accreditations are desirable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years relevant IT hands-on experience.
- Aerospace experience not essential.
- Experience of IT in manufacturing environments highly desirable.
- Experience of multi-site organisation and corporate parent highly desirable.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Broad range of software design and programming skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as an active member of a collaborative team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong understanding of cybersecurity issues.
- Numerate and financially aware.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Keen to learn new skills and be aware of latest technologies and trends.
- Open to new ideas.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexibility – willingness to travel and work flexible hours when required by demands of 24/7 organisation
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!