please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proactively leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, safety, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce at the assigned plants or locations. Manages and coordinates the day to day administration of the human resources, labor relations and safety policies, procedures and programs. Acts as the liaison between department managers and union representatives, manages the administering of the collective bargaining agreement comprised with 7 unions in the assigned plants and/or locations.
1. Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement to ensure compliance
2. Lead at the table during the grievance process for 1st and 2nd step, and partners with Management during the 3rd step, mediation and arbitration processes.
3. Advises and coach managers and supervisors in the areas of progressive discipline in accordance with the General Plant Rules, Guidelines for Safety Discipline, Attendance Control Program, and Substance Abuse Policy for assigned plants and/or locations.
4. Counsel’s managers and supervisors on hourly personnel policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with state and federal employment laws
5. Support of safety and health programs, policies, practices and procedures in compliance with governmental regulations including Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA.
6. Leads the development of training plans with the respective training teams in accordance with the Agreement on Training.
Competencies and Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a union manufacturing workplace.
2. Working knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, labor and employment laws, human resource practices, safety practices and managing policies in a union environment.
3. Utilization of good written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.
4. A history of partner alignment to build company culture and increase employee engagement
5. Requires skills in problem solving, performance management, short and long range planning as well as conflict resolution.