HR Business Partner
Our client is seeking a HR Business Partner to help achieve business objectives through a progressive People Strategy. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will provide strategic and hands-on organizational support to C-suite Executives, Senior leaders, and employees across Hanover. You will be part of the People Team leadership, working with a highly collaborative team of Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and HR Operations members.
If you are creative, curious, data-driven, courageous, collaborative, and optimistic – if you understand that keeping a sense of humor and having fun along the way is critical – if you are looking to join a team where you’ll be instrumental in shaping company culture in all facets of Talent Management including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, employee experience & engagement, total rewards, performance management, succession planning, and employee relations - we want to talk to you.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for employees and leaders in the business building a strong business relationship.
- Partnering and consulting with C-Suite Executives, Sr. Leaders, other departments (Recruiting, Learning & Development, Benefits, etc.), and across business units to align People strategy to business strategy, provide HR guidance when appropriate, actively identifying gaps, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Acts as a member of the People Team Leadership helping to develop team members.
- Designing, implementing, and improving employee engagement programs that will help with retention efforts.
- Designing and implementing performance management/alignment processes across departments.
- Managing bi-annual and annual performance review processes across departments in performance management system, liaising with leaders and outside vendors.
- Providing day-to-day coaching to leaders and performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, career development, disciplinary actions), coaching employees through Performance Improvement Plans.
- Providing guidance on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues, conducting thorough and objective investigations.
- Partnering with outside counsel on international employees with visa and sponsorship obtainment.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring compliance. Partnering with outside legal counsel as needed/required.
- Staying up to date of new systems that could be implemented or updated across the department.
- Designing, fielding, and analyzing surveys to inform business decisions and collect employee feedback.
- Taking knowledge of the business to frame data in a meaningful way when making recommendations. Translates data into action and leads the implementation of data-supported plans.
- Ability to see patterns, diagnose issues, and recommend and develop both immediate and long-term solutions and mechanisms.
- Manages and develops an HR Operations team.
- 8+ years experience as an HRBP in a company size of 500+ with revenue 100M+
- 2 years managing other HRBPs or HR Ops
- Public company experience a plus
- Experience with full suite of Talent Management solutions including
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy
- Organizational Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Total Rewards
- System Implementation experience desired
- Implementation of data-driven systems and improvements in how the People Team delivers on our People Strategy