Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Senior HR Advisor
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To provide advice and support to the business, ensuring compliance in connection with HR Resourcing and Policy & Procedures. Provide effective and up to date general and employee relations support/guidance across the local business, working with the HR Manager, HR Director & Ops Team. To work on HR change projects as necessary.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Create all paperwork for local new starters, leavers.
- Maintain up to date & accurate local records for all colleagues ensuring Legal Compliance
- Keep electronic HR data files and spread sheets up to date and issue as appropriate. This will include EFACS, EIS and HRIS systems as required
- Provide managers with guidance and advice with Coaching where necessary around HR Processes and Practices.
- Chair, lead or Note Take at Meetings as necessary.
- Produce compliant letter of outcome for investigative and disciplinary meetings
- Complete HR Reporting Corporate and Local
- Keep notice boards up to date with Legal & relevant information
- Facilitate Union and Forum Meetings as part of development to assist the HR Business Partner.
- Manage local Recruitment, starters and leavers Process
- Assist the HR Officer in facilitating inductions for local new starters, where the HR Officer is not available to deliver.
- Maintain your own health and safety whilst at work escalating any problems with office to the HR Manager. Maintain office area to 6S requirements
- Track, advise and Support Managers with performance and all Absence Management issues.
- Filing to be completed and undertake all tasks in a timely manner or to agreed timescales
- Undertake any reasonable tasks that you are trained or experience to carry out in addition to the above that may be a business requirement from time to time
- Advise Managers on probation period reviews.
- Support HR manager with local manpower/resource planning
- Support HR manager in driving HR Processes to ensure optimum performance of the unit
- Support implementation of Appraisal/performance reviews and advise managers where required.
- Manager employee relations issues to successful conclusion, including regular advise & communication
- Keep up to date with current employment law and related employee relations issues
- Provide accurate local MI as necessary, utilising data for other sources as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above
- A-level preferred
- Level 5 CIPD
- 2 + Years’ experience in a generalist HR Advisor role with related knowledge and experience, including employee relations, trade unions, performance management and multi-level employees.
- Experience of HR in a manufacturing environment
- Confidence to remain balanced, to understand the big picture before advising
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Deliver to Deadlines
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to Prioritise
- Excellent planning and organising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail conscious
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!