endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Sr. Functional Safety Software Engineer
A global technology leader of motor systems and electric drive assemblies for electric vehicles and hybrids is in the process of developing a brand new NAFTA Technology Canter and manufacturing facility in the Southfield, Michigan area. They will be developing complete electric drive module control systems including utilizing SMT (surface mount technology) to manufacture their own PCBs (printed circuit boards). A global technology leader this state-of-the-art facility is their introduction to North America and will be highly automated and house the latest in electronics manufacturing.
This position is responsible for functional safety requirements development and software implementation and will work closely with the hardware team to provide customer technical support.
- Lead overseas and local team for functional safety software development working independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with the hardware team to define the functional safety requirements.
- Work with internal and external customer teams, to create and review the technical specifications, define the software architecture, and project plans.
- Support end-to-end system integration, testing validation, debugging production issues, and following through with proper resolution.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement in development processes, system design and architectures.
- Define appropriate safety levels for software development.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and analyze root cause of failures; implement effective resolutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in development of embedded automotive software applications.
- 5+ years of developing ASIL C/D software components, working experience with high power inverters.
- Deep understanding of ISO26262 and E-GAS Monitoring.
- Experience of using external watchdog and SBC chips.
- Experience of hand code or model-based software design for ASIL C/D features.
- Experience of writing requirements for safety software based on system safety goal.
- Experience of developing DFMEA for software.
- Extensive knowledge of cybersecurity systems and practices
- Experience with Infineon, NXP, and TI microprocessors.
- Familiar with configuration management and version control tools, including DOORS, Rational, JIRA, Polarion, SVN.
- Experience with software and hardware tools, including, Lauterbach, CANalyzers, CANoe, CANape, Tasking, PRQA.
- Proven track record of working and leading local and overseas teams.
- Ability to incorporate software requirements into software architecture efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in software development, testing, hardware integration, and release processes.
- embedded automotive software applications: 5 years (Required)
- developing ASIL C/D software components: 5 years (Required)
- high power inverters: 5 years (Required)
- ISO26262 and E-GAS monitoring: 5 years (Preferred)
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.