Our client, a subsidiary of a leading bank in Canada which holds international presence is seeking to hire a Senior Fixed Income Analyst to join their team in Chicago.
What you will achieve in this role:
Oversee DTC and/or trade settlement, trade clearance, and reconciliation functions related to Fixed-Income Securities for our client who are a leading broker/dealer in the Fixed-Income market. Requirement also includes the ability to solve more complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with broker dealer and industry standards, the ability to communicate effectively with our business partners and industry peers, and the ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team in a fast-paced environment.
Give oversight to the operational settlement functions for Fixed-Income security types (e.g., UST, Agency, MMI, Corporate). This includes among other things, the securities settlement functions, resolution of unmatched trades with counter-parties including those under GSD, the movement of cash as necessary, the review and resolution of reconciling differences, and the filing of documents per regulatory guidelines.
- Oversee the trade settlement functions for DTC and/or Fed-eligible Fixed-Income securities by utilizing the DTC and settlement systems.
- Work with the middle office, sales, and trading areas, as well as external counterparties to resolve non-confirmed/matched trades whether direct with counterparty or through GSD.
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Balance end of day cash/positions against the depositories.
- Coordinate end of day Firm financing activities.
- Review and resolve reconciliation discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Process any interest claims against counterparties.
- Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
- Investigate and may resolve or make recommendations to more senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within existing procedures.
- Enable productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support. Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes
- Escalate issues that require resolution by more senior team members, as per guidelines.
- Identify potential risk situations/ impacts and make recommendations or escalate to the manager.
- Provide information to senior staff for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
- Interface with Trading and Sales areas and strong ability to communicate trade problems.
- May interact with internal support for projects, change implementation or system recoveries
- May provide daily support and assistance to lines of business
What you must bring to this role:
- Up to 2 to 3 years of related experience or more
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience (finance degree)
- Securities processing knowledge, including Agency Mortgage-Backed Security type securities with a broker/dealer or similar institution.
- Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
- Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
Only those who are qualified will be contacted