Senior Financial Controller
Thanks for taking a look! This is a new role with plenty of potential career advancement built in. As we surpass $1 Billion in revenue, we need our accounting systems to exceed our phenomenal sales growth. We are hoping you can help us build a robust accounts receivable (AR) credit management system. Use your proactive problem-solving ability to create enhanced standard operating procedures and solve fundamental issues long before they become concerns. In essence, you can help us build a rock-star team. Although we have a fantastic foundation, history and a rapidly growing business, you can help take our team to the next level. From unrealized potential to systemic challenges, you’ll transform credit management processes and accounts receivable for the better and help evolve the company.
Reporting to the North American Financial Controller, this position assists the financial controller in managing the day-to-day financial operations of the business, including reporting, corporate financing and compliance, and various financial transformation projects. Furthermore, this position will oversee the accounts receivable (AR) function to enhance the collection and credit management system. The position requires a solid technical foundation, strong communication skills, business acumen, and leadership skills. It also requires both a business/operations orientation and a strategic mindset.
- Lead the AR function to enhance collection and credit management system, work with AR manager to build up credit review process and analysis, and provide value-added advice to business.
- Enhance the internal control process and documentation, provide oversight of corporate governance, and lead the reviews of the yearly governance process.
- Assist in the input, analysis and writeup of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end management and statutory reporting.
- Coordinate the internal and external audit requirements.
- Implement IFRS and standardized global accounting policies for the company.
- Assist in the yearly corporate tax preparation and consolidation.
- Work closely with the IT department to standardize and automate the financial and operational process.
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational financial projects as required.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments proactively and constructively.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and make day-to-day decisions.
- Proven track record of partnering with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge to establish priorities with little direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multitask within restricted time constraints.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, including consistent, timely and objective output.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- People-oriented with the ability to establish high credibility with staff, clients and vendors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA designation preferred
- Strong experience in finance and accounting, with significant progressive experience in team lead and business exposure
- Strong business analytical skills, process documentation and communication skills
- Experience working in a global organization having multiple entities with varied business models
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members
- Solid experience with ERP and BI system - We use SAP and Microsoft Dynamics Nav / Navision
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
ABOUT SAILUN TIRE - www.nafor.com/sailun
When it comes to tires, the Sailun brand has continued to push the envelope of true value and affordable real-world performance for today’s drivers. We engineer, design, manufacture and support a full lineup of impressive winter, all-season, off-road and ultra-high-performance tires in a wide range of popular sizes for countless cars, crossovers, pickup trucks and SUVs, plus a wide range of commercial vehicle applications. Here at Sailun Tire, we believe in offering premium quality products backed by industry-leading tread life warranties to deliver the best value and performance. The goal is to continue making great tires that exceed expectations in quality at a surprisingly affordable price, representing a smart choice for consumers and an easy sell for retailers. The amazing growth of Sailun Tire has come in large part to an in-depth understanding the demands of consumers, our vertically integrated company structure and our strong commitment to adhere to our three core values of Quality, Trust and Support.
- $2B in global annual sales
- Over 50 Million tires sold annually
- Global supplier of tires to over 135 countries
- Friendly, cordial, fun team atmosphere
- North American based Engineering Team
- Over $1.2B in North American sales
- #2 Tire manufacturer in China
- North American Head office located in Woodbridge, Ontario
- Passenger tires,
- SUV and Light Truck tires
- Truck and Bus tires
- Construction Equipment tires
- Aircraft tires
SALARY: $130,000 to $150,000 - We are happy to pay well for specific expertise - Call me to discuss. That being said, this role is not all about the money, it is about the freedom to work in a great environment doing what you enjoy. If you are happy and Sailun is happy (then we are happy) and money will take care of itself.
BENEFITS: Full Benefits
LOCATION: Toronto (Woodbridge) (Hybrid) - 211 Hunter’s Valley Road, Woodbridge, Ontario L4H 3V9, Canada
DEPARTMENT: Shared Services
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
HOURS: Approx. 40 hours per week. Some overtime may be required at year end and quarter end etc.
TRAVEL: Occasional U.S. and International travel may be required.
CONTACT: Jeff Richmond firstname.lastname@example.org 416-238-6400
BOOK A CALL: www.calendly.com/jeffrichmond
TO APPLY: Please go to: www.nafor.com/sailun, click here or use the links below.
4180B - Sailun Tire