Senior Financial Analyst
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Accounting Professionals for various immediate temporary positions with the city.
This Senior Financial Analyst Position is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall Accounting skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Senior Financial Analyst This is specialized professional level work in the field of rates, financial planning, taxation and policy development.
- Employees in this class are responsible for the overall co-ordination of studies related to the development of rate structures, pricing models, cost allocation models, defining business policy and strategic alternatives based on changes in the clients' business environment or complex analysis of financial data dealing with tax legislation.
- Employees may act as financial planning specialists, tax consultants or work in major impact areas of a diversified rate, regulatory or planning section.
- Work centres on the responsibility for development and/or the design of models and systems necessary to compile, maintain and adjust financial plans and policies.
- The work output of employees usually requires a high degree of internal contact, as well as interaction outside the framework of City operations.
- Some positions will work in highly specialized and complex areas and therefore, will co-ordinate and review the work of employees not under their supervision.
- The distinguishing features of this class are the overall scope and impact of the work performed as determined by the effect of recommendations on department and/or corporate affairs, the supervision exercised and received, the greater use of theoretical concepts and formulas, the higher level and frequency of internal and external contacts, the need to lobby tax officials and negotiate tax resolutions, and the nature of the work assigned.
Your strengths include:
- University degree (preferably at the Master's level) and/or a professional accounting designation (CA/CMA/CGA) with a University degree (bachelor or applied) in a discipline as required by area of specialization and a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years in directly related working experience is required.
- Proficient using Google suite of products, expertise in Excel as well as SAP or a similar financial system.
- Considerable knowledge of financial studies, analysis procedures and best practices.
- Considerable knowledge of time and cost networks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of departmental, civic and governmental policies and regulations (MGA, Excise Tax Act, Income Tax Act).
- Considerable knowledge of simulation, modelling operation research and statistical techniques.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, sophisticated financial models to management, financial and operations' staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of City personnel, and/or federal government tax officials, and other members of commodity tax community.
- Technical proficiency in major financial and analytical software systems.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Snober Bains.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!