Our west coast, $1B client is the fastest-growing leader in their business segment with over 600 stores in the US and Canada. Their culture is one that encourages a high degree of collaboration, creativity, and teamwork, and they offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extras like a masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
In this newly created, highly visible role, you'll play an integral part in a group that provides timely and accurate external financial reporting to the SEC (if applicable) and other stakeholders in accordance with GAAP. You’ll identify, monitor, and analyze accounting issues/developments that could impact the Company. Additionally, you will:
- Help to facilitate the external (quarterly and annual) review/audit process and liaise with external auditors and consultants.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of the quarterly and annual reports (similar format/content as Forms 10-Q and 10-K) accurately in a timely manner.
- If/when Torrid becomes a public company, assist in the management of the Form 10-Q /10-K (including XBRL tagging) filing process.
- Possess a working knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine the qualitative and quantitative impact on Company.
- Conduct technical accounting research and document findings in a clear and concise technical position paper.
- Perform specific internal testing of identified SOX processes, help document narratives, confirm the accuracy of accounts and controls, inspect physical processes, and detect intentional and unintentional failures of internal controls in accordance with SOX Act.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields with CPA.
- Minimum 6 years of audit-related experience with Big 4 public accounting firm and client base of public companies; prefer retail client experience.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
Their HQ has been described as a work environment that encourages a high degree of collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. They adhere to five basic principles:
Their goal is to provide outstanding customer service to both their customers and associates.
An open office environment and quarterly meetings ensure that HQ associates are always in the loop. In addition, their stores meet by district twice a year to make sure field associates stay ahead of the game.
Development and Recognition
Hard work does not go unnoticed with a quarterly celebration for newly promoted associates and their Individual and Team Impact Awards.
They established a foundation to raise funds and partner with non-profit organizations dedicated to helping women and changing lives. They also help those who are less fortunate in their local communities.
- Medical: includes preventive, urgent, and maternity care, mental health, hospital coverage, prescription drug coverage and more. HMO, PPO and traditional Indemnity plans are available depending upon work location.
- Dental Insurance: includes preventative care, as well as acute care and orthodontia coverage.
- Vision Insurance: annual eye exams, and a discount on frames, lenses and contact lenses with preferred providers.
- Life: Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage is issued at no cost to employees. In addition, employees are given an opportunity to apply for additional coverage.
- Short-Term Disability: provided at no cost to employees.
- 401(k) Savings Plan: All employees who meet eligibility requirements may invest in the Company 401(k) Plan. Employees may roll over a 401(k) balance from a previous employer at any time.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Employees may apply for Tuition Reimbursement for qualified courses and college degree programs after 6 months of service. Tuition and books are covered with some restrictions, and all covered fees are reimbursed after completing the qualified course with a satisfactory grade.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers employees and their family’s free confidential assistance for issues involving emotional well-being, finances, legal, addiction and recovery, education and more. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, either by phone or through up to 3 in-person visits per year.
- Child Care: Employees are eligible for a discount at participating KinderCare locations nationwide.
Other Benefits & Amenities
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.