Senior Estimator - Commercial Construction - Relocation Assistance available. Our client is growing and needs to add a Senior Estimator with 10 years of commercial construction experience.
- Receives bidding documents, assigns estimating project number, and sets up project.
- Reviews plans, specifications, due diligence information, checks for unusual requirements and special construction features.
- Determines extent of detailed takeoff needed depending on subcontractor bidders as required.
- Assists quantity surveyors if needed and makes routine checks to assure accuracy of quantity.
- On Bid Day, reviews final quotations from major subcontractors and suppliers with Lead Estimator and discuss strategies for winning project.
- Maintains personal contact with subcontractors and suppliers to promote working relationships for future bidding.
- Reviews cost records of jobs under construction to develop more accurate Review final estimate with Lead Estimator.
- Visits site location and determines accessibility, utility services, location of power sources, rock or water problems, adjacent structures, and any other problems that might be unique to each project. Note anything unusual about site that may affect General Conditions pricing.
- If applicable, sends owner contract to Vice President of Preconstruction to
- Makes preliminary construction schedules for distribution to key subcontractors and reviews insurance requirements with insurance agency.
- Maintains an active presence in industry.
- Develops and trains directs junior estimators.
To apply, send your resume to William Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science/Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience in Estimating with expertise in Commercial Construction.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office and Bluebeam (or similar takeoff software)