endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Grid Analysis
The Senior Engineer, Grid Analysis has responsibilities as the technical expert in matters related to generation interconnection requirements, and solar PV plant modeling by utilizing PSLF, PSSE and PSCAD platforms. The Senior Engineer, Grid Analysis has a working knowledge of power systems analysis, NERC and FERC requirements in order to provide technical support NERC compliance/GO/GOP activities. Interact with the regional interconnection specialists on technical interconnection issues. Working with regional transmission providers, reliability organizations, and provide support and guidance where necessary.
- 6 years of professional experience in electrical systems.
- Experience with PV systems preferred. Strong background in power systems, analytical and modeling skills required. Experience with complex electrical systems simulations is required.
- Preferred strong regulatory experience and understanding of FERC and NERC approach on interconnection issues.
- Work experience in Power and Energy industry. Ideally, the candidate should have a background in the utility scale PV plant industry. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret regulatory documents, transmission studies, engineering reports and interconnection agreements;
- Experience serving customers in multiple geographies is required
- A Master’s degree in electrical engineering is required
- Specialization in Power and Energy Systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in influencing cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders and executive staff
- Demonstrated experience in simulation tools including PSLF, PS/SE, Matlab, Homer, PSCAD.
- Strong presentation and written skills; must be able to communicate across multiple regions and language barriers.
- Ability to engage and communicate with customers at all organizational levels
- Proficient understanding of the interconnection process, GO requirements and GOP requirements
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on optimal strategy for GO, GOP services
- Support grid analyses for existing projects and perform load flow, dynamic and reactive analysis based on the local grid requirements
- Creating PSLF, PS/SE and PSCAD models to represent new and existing projects
- NERC compliance technical analysis
- Participate in interconnection scoping meeting and other negotiations with various third parties and grid authorities.
- Understand the requirements to integrate a PV utility scale power plant into the power grid including the implications on day-to-day grid operations as well on resource planning; identify and develop tools for managing and reducing those costs
- Provide technical solutions to address specific transmission and distribution grid requirements for various markets
- Stay up to date on relevant state and federal regulatory matters, NERC, FERC compliance, and ISOs new requirements
- Ability to efficiently navigate utility and RTOs queues
- Perform tasks requiring application of standard electrical engineering techniques and procedures. Work includes analysis of electrical transmission/distribution systems, including generation interconnection studies, load flow analysis, dynamic studies, reactive deficiency study, transient stability analysis, short circuit, and voltage analysis
- Create and validate PSLF, PS/SE load flow and dynamic models for solar PV generation plants, interconnection simulations and report writing.
- Provide assistance to other functional teams on various project activities related to GO, GOP services.
- Participate in interconnection scoping meeting and other negotiations with third parties and grid authorities.
- Provide technical advice on transmission and distribution interconnection issues for various markets.
- Assess transmission reliability issues and developed short and long-term action plans to mitigate potential interconnection shortfalls.
- Participate in WECC, ERCOT (and other markets) modeling working group activities
- Coordinate plans with an Independent System Operator to respond to current and future Bulk Power System requirements.
- Support the development transmission planning policies and procedures for solar PV generation.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.