endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The global technology leader in ADAS and safety electronics with 230 production locations in 40 countries with approximately 138,000 employees is looking for a talented Engineer for a key role on a new program.
This organization is rock-solid financially at over $35b in sales and this is a direct-hire position.
Located in their Global Electronics Technology Center in the greater Detroit area. They just completed a new Innovation Center built for their employees where they have the tools to develop their own products and have an on-site fitness center. This is truly a world-class company.
Senior Engineer - Competitive Analysis
This position will be responsible for the benchmarking, competitor analysis, and competitor intelligence of competitor electronic products. The candidate will interface with various Product Lines and create reports that contain strategic recommendations where we can become more competitive in the future. The reports will deep-dive into the opportunities for design, cost, and function enhancements for products. The candidate will be responsible for leading various projects with global impact in an international environment.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering or equivalent is desired.
- 4 + years’ experience of electronic products, components, and circuit operation
- Strategic/Tactical Analysis (metrics based) products compared to competition systems
- Developing strategic insights into components & technology used that impact on design competitiveness
- Comparative costs and areas of opportunities for versus competitors
- Identify trends in semiconductors used in areas of substrate technology, assembly method, technology direction & implications. Derive design rules for PCB design and materials
- Writing reports to develop competitive analysis and intelligence of competitor products. Present findings on competitive products to experts and peers on a global stage
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Inquisitive nature, analytical thinking, drive, strong work ethic, motivation, and organizational skills
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw insights to make informed decisions
- Proven experience of competitive analysis, assessment following through findings to determine strategic direction
- Ability to lead, mentor, and coach individuals with varying levels of experience and education
- Proven experience of ability to interface with engineers, senior managers & being self-motivated and working independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.