endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
General Job Description
Dana Incorporated is seeking to fill the position of Senior Embedded Software Engineer in Maumee, Ohio or Novi, Michigan. This position will lead the development of Embedded Software that support Dana driveline products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, planning and system testing of embedded software for mechatronics products.
- Manage software interfaces, maintain technical information and coordinate with other engineering and
production colleagues to meet customer requirements.
- Develop complex embedded systems designed for severe automotive/vehicular environments and software using C programming and assemblers.
- Develop drivers and application software including proprietary RTOS, control algorithms, and fault detection.
- Develop specifications, test plans, cost and time estimates, software architecture, proposals and research studies.
- Utilize automotive communication protocols like CAN, LIN, SAE J1939 and tools like Canalyzer and Canape. Design systems utilizing compilers, debuggers, simulators, emulators, logic analyzers, data acquisition systems, CRO’s and other measurement equipment.
- In addition to hardware / software integration, responsible for the on-vehicle verification, validation process and final responsibility for software function on the vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science or
related field with a concentration in software.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development in embedded C, CAN, LIN, SAE J1939 related software development for automotive microcontrollers.
- Experience in automotive embedded software and system testing.
- Experience with “Freescale” / “ST” / Infineon or other automotive rated micro controllers utilizing compilers, debuggers, simulators, emulators and logic analyzers, and using system diagnostics tools interfacing with Electronic Control Units.
- Experience in MATLAB / Simulink – Model Based Software Development.
- Experience with various coding standards and protocols including AUTOSAR, LIN, CAN, J1939, Diagnostics.
- Experience with PC tools development for diagnostics, driver interfaces.
- Understanding of engineering prints and specifications.
- Experience in Electrical hardware development.
- Understanding of EMI/EMC standards.
- Understanding of basic mechanical systems.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.