endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (AUTOSAR)
A global world leader of motor systems and electric drive assemblies for electric vehicles (EVs), plug-in hybrids, and hybrids is developing a new North American Headquarters and Technical Center in the greater Detroit area due to the recent award of multi-vehicle OEM business.
They are looking for key individuals to form the building blocks of the engineering teams and help develop the engineering systems and staff in this new operation.
This is a full-time position as a Sr. Software Engineer for embedded software for automotive power electronics development team. The candidate is responsible for AUTOSAR basic software development. The candidate will work closely with the hardware team and provide customer technical support.
- Lead the AUTOSAR diagnostic stack development. The candidate will work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work with team for security boot and cybersecurity related feature development.
- Work with Tier2 for AUTOSAR specification definition.
- Work with internal and external customer teams, to create and review the technical specifications, define the software architecture and project plans.
- Support end to end system integration, testing validation, debugging production issues and following through with proper resolution.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in development processes, system design and architectures.
- Define appropriate safety levels for software development.
- Diagnose, troubleshooting and analyze root cause of failures. Implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements and objectives
- Identify issues or obstacles and work on their resolution.
- 5+ years of working with basic software development based on AUTOSAR architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Hands on experience of developing basic software using Vector/Mentor/EB stacks.
- Experience with UDS, DCM, DEM stack configuration.
- Experience with bootloader, security boot, flash over the air.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Experience in embedded software for Infineon, NXP, and TI microprocessors.
- Familiar with configuration management and version control tools, including DOORS, Rational, JIRA, Polarion, SVN, etc.
- Experience with software and hardware tools, including, Lauterbach, CANalyzers, CANoe, CANape, Tasking, PRQA, etc.
- Understanding of ISO26262 and E-GAS Monitoring.
- Proven track record of working and leading local and oversea team.
- Ability to incorporate software requirements into software architecture efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated experience of software development, testing, hardware integration, and release processes.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, proactive, self-motivated, and strong energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage work to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- Preferred electric motor control theory knowledge and experience.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.