Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Senior Electrical Engineer to join our development team. This is a full-time/permanent position, reporting directly into the site Space Systems Business Unit Lead.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Senior Electrical Engineering position will be a member of our Space development team supporting the development of our various avionics systems; focusing on the power subsystems and control and data handling subsystems.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Flexible work hours
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Interpreting system level requirements as they apply to the development of electrical systems and components
- Identifying design alternatives and performing trade-off studies
- Selection and implementation of the electrical subsystem architecture for existing and new product development
- Performing or directing the analyses, design, fabrication, integration, test and maintenance of electrical systems
- Performing or directing the sensitivity, reliability, failure mode and worst case analyses to determine the optimum approach for the design, and to predict performance of the system for the expected operational and environmental conditions
- Ensuring that verification planning and test requirements adequately capture all design requirements
- Developing and executing test plans for electronics system verification and acceptance
- Planning, developing, executing and leading test activities for electronic circuits in a cleanroom environment
- Confidently and professionally representing the Company in the presence of our customer and suppliers
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful completion of a university degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering from a recognized university
- Extensive experience in Electrical system design and implementation
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with the Engineering society
- Experience with satellite Power Conditioning and Distribution (PCDU) avionics and/or satellite Control and Data Handling (C&DH) avionics
- Familiarity with generating requirements specifications (knowledge of DOORS software would be highly desirable)
- Experience with electrical system integration, test definition and performance verification
- Experience with the generation of data package documents (e.g. specifications, technical notes, design description and justifications, test planning and test requirement specifications, compliance matrices, budgets and interface definition and control documentation)
- Experience in VHDL or Verilog design, synthesis, simulation and verification (preferably Microsemi and Xilinx FPGAs)
- Experience in Test bench design and implementation (VHDL or Verilog and TCL)
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good people skills; able to motivate individuals and the team
- Highly motivated team worker/leader who possesses good problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized; good project / time management skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.