Senior Electrical Engineer
Austell, GA, GA
The Sr. Electrical Engineer serves as a member of the engineering team and will be responsible for designing and analyzing low and medium-voltage industrial power distribution systems, including onsite power generation and distribution for standby and emergency configurations and the associated control systems. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will serve on, and sometimes lead, various project teams for customer projects ranging from upgrading and retro-fill of existing systems to completing green-field, turn-key systems. This role will also oversee power system maintenance work, including breaker testing, switch testing, and protective relay testing. They will be familiar with all appropriate OSHA and NFPA safety standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design controls for generator plants to include switchgear, transfer switches, fuel system, support equipment, and monitoring.
- Design and specify generator systems and power distribution equipment.
- PLC and HMI programming to include Siemens, GE, Allen Bradley, and Automation Direct.
- Lead the on-site installation and commissioning.
- Calibrate PID loops for generator loading, governor controls, and voltage regulator controls.
- Facilitate studies to include Power quality, short-circuit, Arc-flash analysis, and IR studies on electrical systems.
- Networking and communication between electrical equipment components.
- Training customers on generator plant operations and maintenance.
- Ability to calibrate PIO circuits, including governors and voltage regulators.
- Assist the sales department in Job Estimating and Quoting.
- Troubleshoot failed electrical equipment – some as emergency response
- Equipment testing, including circuit breakers, protective relays, generators, and transfer switches
- Provide Technical Support to both PPSI technicians and customers
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited ABET university, Engineering Technology degree is acceptable, Masters degree, a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing multiple installations and commissioning generator plants ranging from 100KW to 50MW.
- Experience in designing, installing, and commissioning generator plants ranging from 100kW to 50MW.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- The task may require periodic light weekends or overnight travel for projects.
- Covid-19 vaccination preferred.
80K+ DOEClick here to apply online