Job Title: Sr Electrical Engineer
Overview: Our client is a leader in third-party aluminum recycling and specification alloy production. They convert aluminum scrap and by-products into reusable aluminum metal for a growing number of applications across various industries. They are ideally positioned to respond to the needs of an increasingly recycling-conscious world. Advanced technologies enable them to process a large variety of scrap and dross and reduce the amount of residual waste from aluminum manufacturing that would otherwise end up as landfill.
Responsibilities: As a Sr Electrical Engineer for our client, you will work to meet the plant engineering needs of our Central locations which include our facilities in:
- Coldwater, Michigan
- Wabash, Indiana
- Chicago Heights, Illinois
The ideal candidate will be located near the Coldwater or Wabash facilities with approximately 30% travel for the role.
Use your knowledge of Manufacturing Process Networks and Machine Control Systems to technically support these manufacturing locations, deploy process improvements, integrate new capital equipment, and execute standardization initiatives within the business.
The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge of process control equipment, flow measurement, power distribution, a passion for new technology, and excellent communication skills. Heavy Industrial experience is required.
· Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technical degree, or other related degree/experience
· Minimum three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, process control, and engineering
· Programming and application knowledge in Allen Bradley PLC’s (RSlogix500 and Studio5000)
· HMI platform knowledge and programming capability (Redlion, and Ignition Preferred. Will consider other platforms such as RSView, Wonderware, Panel View)
· AC Variable Frequency Drives programming and application experience (ABB Drives preferred)
· Programming experience in SQL, Python, C+, or Visual Basic
· AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical Experience preferred
· Knowledge of low voltage power distribution thru 480VAC
· Experience with Industrial Ethernet Networks