PURPOSE: The Sr. Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for designing electrical and instrumentation projects, project management, developing system specifications and layouts, assisting in addressing process failures, researching existing systems and creating plans for system improvements at this integrated paper mill in the Southeast.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Electrical single line drawings, medium voltage switchgear, starters, breaker and protection relays.
- Instrument loop sheets, motor elementary wiring diagrams as well as vendor drawings
- Work with AutoCAD to edit and create drawings, manage large drawing database
- Support maintenance E&I
- Process instrumentation specifications and installation requirements
- Lead the development of custom control systems, including specifications, layouts, schematics, logic diagrams, wiring, grounding, and other custom control hardware required for E&I control systems
- Writing controls scope for proposals, including writing and/or reviewing technical specifications
- Small project estimating, design man-hours, installation and materials cost
- Prepare bid and construction release packages consisting of design deliverables for contractors
- Working with applicable codes and standards (ISA, NEC, NFPA- 86, NFPA-70E and BLRBAC)
- Construction check-out, start-up and commissioning of projects
- B.S Electrical Engineering required
- 10+ years Pulp & Paper, or related industrial electrical experience
- Experience with low and medium voltage switchgear, starters, breaker and protection relays.
- Experience take projects from conceptual, design to completion, programming and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated electrical and mechanical troubleshooting capability
- Knowledge of and experience using industry standards and codes, and ability to engineer design based on customer specifications (NEC and NFPA-70E)
- Experienced with Process Instrumentation and Motor Control
- Control Systems such as Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC-5, ControlLogix 5000, GuardLogix, HMI FactoryTalk, Bailey Net90, Honeywell C200, Yokogawa Centum CS3000.
- VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) Rockwell PowerFlex and DC Drives
- Working knowledge of the purpose of an APC and how they interact with the DCS Systems.
- Excel to build Tag Database for PI System