GeneCoda has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for a (Senior) Director of Product Management, to be ideally located in the Raleigh, NC marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client provides in silico modeling tools for taking the many steps required to develop a drug. The company provides software and services that span the process from drug discovery to pre-clinical and clinical testing that ensure that decisions are made with solid data.
The use of modeling and simulation tools has become increasingly important in FDA submissions and our client’s software supported 19 of the 20 novel drugs the FDA approved in the first half of 2018.
The Sr. Director (or Director) of Product Management will lead marketing strategy and execution for the modelling software business, including but not limited to – supporting sales and business development with strategies and marketing materials, launching product releases and new products with strategies and materials, coordinating with product management on product development roadmap and strategies and obtaining market and customer input, creating inbound and outbound lead generation campaigns and marketing content, and managing digital marketing initiatives, including the business web site.
He or she will develop project plans for and oversee the creation of integrated marketing content to effectively communicate and represent modelling products, solutions and services to potential and current clients. The individual will be responsible for data-driven marketing recommendations and decisions supported by data and market research and be able to understand and measure key marketing metrics. Ideally, the balance of the position will be 60-70% product management and 30-40% external market focused.
- Go-to-Market and Product Development Strategy:
- Responsible for the software go-to-market strategy, including developing project plans and overseeing the marketing activities for both prospects and clients
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Product Development teams on product launches and development projects
- Work with the consulting organization to ensure strategies are consistent with and supportive of consulting organization objectives and incorporate consulting organization insights into software strategies
- Product Positioning and Messaging:
- Define the messaging and positioning for each product and new product features for both clients and prospects
- Create, edit and manage marketing and product-related content for all software and related products and services both internal and external such as: website, brochures, white papers, case studies and presentations
- Customer and Competitive Intelligence:
- Identify and validate urgent, pervasive problems in the market
- Analyze competitor and alternative offerings in the market, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning against the competition
- Thought Leadership:
- Generate insightful & compelling content (webinars, blogs, whitepapers, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, etc.
- Work with appropriate SME’s and other stakeholders in thought leadership development
- Sales Tools/Training:
- Work closely with the sales team to understand their challenges and needs relative to selling the offering, and create and maintain sales tools to help sales succeed.
- In collaboration with the training group, create and deliver training and training materials to help sales staff utilize all the tools available to them and sell software products and services more effectively
- Utilize best-practices approaches for social media and other digital outreach tools
- Event and Sales Support:
- Provide product and market expertise for tradeshows, webinars and conference/seminars
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, and/or Communications or related fields
- 7+ years’ experience in senior product management positions in a global business-to-business sales environment, with product and professional service introduction project management, worked with creative agency / partner, and marketing communications development and implementation responsibilities., or equivalent role
- Enterprise software experience, preferably including cloud-based solutions
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech (including service providers to those industries) or sciences-related industries with a regulatory component.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong technical skills including expertise in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data-driven and comfortable with data analysis and market research
- Desires challenges, business, technical and interpersonal
- Flexible in business approaches and adapts well to change
- High-level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and solution-driven, able to take initiative
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and growing environment
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.